Helping Workers Get The Treatment And Benefits They Need

Sep 2010

Workers' Comp Initiative Too Close To Call

A reported poll from Elway Research Inc., suggests that 31% of likely voters support Proposition 1082 which offers Washington employers a chance to buy workers’ compensation insurance from private insurance companies. The poll found an equal percentage, 31%, opposes the measure. Voters opposing the measure would rather the Department of Labor & Industries continue administering the workers’ compensation system in Washington. However, the undecideds are the largest group of likely voters, at 38%. Read More...
Comments

No Subrogation From General Damages For L&I (Tobin)

Washington’s Supreme Court issued a deeply confused opinion in Tobin on the ability of the Department of Labor & Industries to recover benefits from a negligent defendant who injures a worker on the job.

Worse, the Court simply disregarded plain language in the law controling this issue.
Read More...
Comments

Seattle Post-Intelligencer: Republicans back Prop. 1082

The Washington State Republican Party decided last weekend to endorse Initiative 1082, the Building Industry Association of Washington measure that would privatize the state's worker compensation system.
Read More...
Comments
© 2010 David McAuliff Contact